Course Name: TOTAL BUILDING PERFORMANCE ACCORDING TO THE FLORIDA BUILDING CODE 5TH EDITION (2014) ENERGY CONSERVATION
Course Number : 0611952
CEUs: 2 (2 Hours of Instruction) Category: General
This course covers the compliance criteria and systems included in SECTION C407 TOTAL BUILDING PERFORMANCE according to the Florida Building Code 5th Edition (2014) Energy Conservation. The participant will increase their understanding of these terms, and implications of the cost-based performance definition. Participants will also learn ways to address the inherent challenges of meeting the EFFECTIVE USE OF ENERGY intent. Finally, participants will increase their understanding of Standard Reference and Proposed Designs.
The participant will learn:
- The content of Section C407 TOTAL BUILDING PERFORMANCE.
- What is the definition of total building performance according to the code?
- Mandatory and performance-based compliance.
- The use of Standard Reference and Proposed Designs in code compliance.
- Relevant energy performance terms that are not defined in the Florida Building Code.
- Mapping Section C407 to visualize compliance from the design or review perspective.
- Building systems review for Standard Reference and Proposed Designs.
The basic information about documentation and the calculation procedure.
Method of Presentation:
This course will be presented in a classroom lecture format with instructor use of a multi-media presentation. Attendee participation and questions will be encouraged.
Instructors – Julio Rovi , Arlene Stewart, Lauren Westmoreland, Rue Beane, Bert Henderson.